Monday, March 31, 2014

i just know i know i know that you're gonna be okay

HEY
currently listening to: The Wire by Haim (fav modern 80'sish band)



Today I came to a wonderful realization: life is real cool. On saturday I had one of the worst days in Long Jump that I have EVER had. It made me cry in front of my head coach, was humiliating, and shook me mentally, physically, and emotionally. I was hurt, mad, confused, angry, and exhausted. I didn't understand why that would happen but sometimes I believe things go wrong in our lives for a reason. To teach the lesson we least want. The one we need. I learned that I need to reassess my life and make some changes for the better. I have to stop worrying. I have to stop stressing. I have to repent, be better, and move forward in faith. What I failed to remember while I was crying my eyes out was that I PRed in triple jump, won the meet, rebroke the school record, AND got a huge picture of me in the newspaper. Crazy right?! I was too busy having a pity party that I failed to see how blessed I am. I am going to grow up. I'm going to do track in college or maybe I'm not. But I will be alright. I will eventually own a boutique where I will sell my artwork along with clothing, books, music, and plants that I find inspiring and beautiful and happy. I will do that. No one can stop me and no one can control me. I own my life and I own me. I was put here to be happy and to accomplish things and DANG IT I'm going to.

xoxo

jen

p.s. the photos at the top are some future house inspiration I have been loving. no relation to the post whatsoever

No comments:

Post a Comment