Saturday, October 25, 2014

ok

honestly this is a rant.
don't take it for anything bigger or better.
i'm ticked.

People underestimate me. They think that because I don't talk all the time or because I have a small frame or that because I fail tests sometimes that are easy that I'm not strong, powerful, intelligent, thoughtful, spiritual, opinionated, and a hardworking individual. Well listen up.

I don't have to sit and ask you about your day or tell you your hair looks cute to be these things. If I wanna say something I will. But if I don't I WON'T. So quit telling me I'm so cute and small. Quit telling me I'm so shy and quiet. Quit telling me you understand me and who I am. Only a few people know that and I guarantee you aren't one of them. Quit telling me that maybe if I talk to my professor and introduce myself I would get a better grade. Quit telling me that I need to have fake emotional connections with people who I don't care about. I don't care about you. So excuse my while I don't ask how your weekend was. If I care I'll ask.

I remember everything. Chances are I remember the exact outfit you wore when we met. Blue calvin klein polo, tan pants, black beat up nike shoes, a sprite in hand and a goofy smile. I was interested so I pursued it and learned whatever I could about you. Intrigued, you could say.

Come & talk to me and I will want to talk to you. But don't expect me to go out of my way to talk to you if I don't see any redeeming value in the exchange. I have no one I care to impress and no one I need to fit in with.

I am Jennifer Bandley. The only one of my kind. Don't try to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment