Friday, December 26, 2014

golden state of mind

I LOVE CALIFORNIA

I came home to sunny Seal Beach, California and I almost was in tears. California is my love. It is where I grew up, lived life, explored with friends, explored alone, cherished, and completely fell in love with. I live in a city that still has the original main street along the beach. It has cute shops and good food. We have warm weather and a nice house. Good lighting in all the rooms and a sense of home. A sense of love. I am not explaining myself well because I don't know how to explain it. I am in love with everything about where I was born and raised. This place is special. It is unlike anywhere else. If you are blessed enough to live somewhere like this, stay there. I want to raise a family in California. We can have a cabin in the cold and go there sometimes but California is where I need to be. It is where I THRIVE.

I drove the streets I know so well in the little silver car I know so well. His name is Alexander. He dies when he idles and is about the size of an oversized go-cart. I love him though. I listened to my classic Ramones tapes I left; they are my fav. Good tunes.

Today I went to Balboa Island and the Ruby's Shake Shack. I walked the places I know so well and drove along PCH past the beaches I know like the back of my hand. Poppy & MacArthur. Balboa & Pelican Point. They come and go like memories from younger days. Sometimes coming home makes people miss where they live, but for me it made me want to stay home. I don't want to go back. I don't want the responsibilities and expectations that come with being the student athlete I am. I want to be a designated explorer. A girl who does only what she loves and can get a set income for just that. I want a life of freedom and adventure with just enough academic challenge to keep me interested. Is that possible? Can people have what they want while doing what they want? In these days, I just don't think it happens. So lets change something. Lets start doing what we love and not worrying about the consequences. Lets live in the warmth and go to the beach until we find something better.

WHY NOT





No comments:

Post a Comment