Thursday, July 23, 2015

youth lagoon

Honestly this goes out to you C. For inspiring me to write and never leave a day without reflection.

I'm grateful to live in a a day and age when sharing is so special. We share everything with each other. Sometimes too much, but at least we are doing it right? Spotify shares weekly discoveries that match my tastes and DANG do they match.

17 by Youth Lagoon

The emotion and nostalgic power of that song, SHEESH.

When I was 17, my mother said to me, don't stop imagining, the day that you do is the day that you die.

Inspired me to make a film of me being happy through the pain. Smiling through the hurt. It's nostalgic about the past and reflective of the pain, but HAPPY. Laughing. Dancing. Singing.

Back to the mountains August 17th and happy about it. So happy. I miss my true friends. The sweet girls. The sweet boys. Be a sweet one. BE A SWEET ONE.

This post is choppy and useless and dull but my life is like that sometimes. I get annoyed with the routine but fall in love with the potential. Thoughts of the future get me through. Thoughts of being independent and strong.

I sorta have a crush on him but he's not mine. He is sweet, really. Says he waited for me. He was young then. Anchorman 2 in the car was his favorite. We didn't watch much. Distracted with the tangled emotions. I don't remember it all but I wish I did now. Now that he is older and talks to me more than any other friends. He cares and sometimes that's all I really need.

someone who cares

C is gorgeous and creative, she doesn't know what is in store for her. She could be a big influence in the world. She is the peacekeeper of both sides. The spiritual and the careless. The party and the prayer. She is a lover of love; both the give and take.

B is adventure. She breathes adrenaline. She is the only one to ever hold my pace. We run over rocks together step by step in sync. Hair flying. Bruised knees. Stained clothes. That is being with B. Never will I deny my love for her.

K is comfort. She is the one who raises you up. Makes you feel like you deserve the best. She loves everything new and old. Outdoors and indoors. She loves people. She loves burgers. She can talk to anyone like she misses them. Like she wants to see them more often. She just really cares & that's refreshing.

E is everything to me. She is the only friend I have ever cried to. She is the only person outside of my family that I have let hold me as I sobbed. I LOVE HER. She is the epitome of class, intelligence, and strength. She is emotional and connected like me. We are the perfect duo and I wouldn't trade her for the world.

S is like a sister. I miss her. She scratched my back on long flights and talked to me about everything on my mind. We are gonna live together and have countless late chats I'm sure. I love her because when I'm with her I'm just happy. She's happy.

Sometimes I cry when I think of the blessed people who invest in me as friends. I live a life of happiness because of those I love.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment