Friday, January 27, 2017

stay gold

Thinking again. Analyzing, really.

Been learning a lot in my health classes about empowerment, security, opportunity and their importance to our health. That is quite the novel concept. Truly LIVING our lives brings about good health. Taking control lowers our chances of cardiovascular disease. Our bodies crave being in control and taking opportunities in life head on with confidence.

that rings so true to me

I'm in a phase in my life where I am weighing my options. Medical School, Health Administration, Public Health, Public Administration?? Something else?? I've been learning and growing and feel such a fire in me to keep going. Like a masters degree feels nice. It feels secure and intelligent and intriguing, honestly. With all the changes lately I've had time to reflect and realize that I am valuable to the world. I have so much to offer and I am going to be able to have a contribution to the health world in whatever I end up doing.

I've been missing someone who used to be close to me

But the truth is. I deserve to feel really and truly loved. I deserve to have someone who is loyal to me and someone who will stay by my side with the knowledge that I'm the one. If someone can't give me that, they really are not worth my time.

I thought today about that night that he brought me flowers and we went to the drive thru at chick fil a to get a shake. We sang Home together and cried and laughed and hugged and kissed because we realized how much we loved each other. Things didn't end up working out. And part of me feels upset that things can be so good and then end up so bad. But the truth is, the good times can stay good times. They can always be happy days even if things end. I will forever remember the way my heart felt in that drive thru even if we never see each other again.

So here's too feeling how you feel and never being ashamed of it, right?

I don't understand why we are required to act like nothing ever hurts and like we never actually cared. What if we did care a lot? And what if we did get hurt? Why can't we let people see that?? 

here's to being emotional and caring and vulnerable but still being freaking tough

No comments:

Post a Comment