Saturday, June 15, 2013

Hi summer.

Hi Summer! gosh, I love that word. SUMMER SUMMER SUMMER.

So summer is here and I could not be any happier!! Seriously, this year has been my hardest ever. I don't know how I made it through but it was dang stressful  But now I can just unwind & enjoy my freedom!

So yesterday, being the last day of school and such, me & mari went to Huntington Beach to play and enjoy the warmth of the sand which is one of my favorite feelings people. Its like the sand just cuddles with you as you lay there. So soothing. Anyways, we got to the beach around 2 and we first headed to rubys to eat. I got a chinese chicken salad (which I highly recommend) and she got a cheeseburger. We sat on the second floor of the diner so our view from the window was spectacular! After lunch we headed back down to the beach and on the way saw sooooo many super good surfers. The waves were firing pretty good at least in early afternoon so lots of people were out. When we got down to the beach we laid out and both of us immediately fell asleep and had a splendid nap on the sand. Just imagine it for a second cause it was so great. We wanted to stay until sunset so we could see the first sunset of the summer in all its beauty. So, we walked around the shops on main street, got hennas, played and enjoyed the sunshine. At around 8 the sunset started. It was so gorgeous. It was so beautiful as all the colors faded together. As me and mari were taking it all in, a mighty fine looking kid came up to talk to us. Long curly hair & surfer vibe. Unfortunately, me and mari both just got really nervous and totally blew it. But hey, he was cute! Me & mari didn't take any pictures together...but here is the sunset and my henna!




To my first day of summer: I LOVE YOU. ♡

Now onto the rest! 

Here are my big plans so far:

● Utah (of course)
● river trip down the Salmon in Idaho
● San Francisco
● possibly one of the channel islands (santa cruz maybe?)
● girls camp & youth conference

Those are my big trips as of now but you never know what else could come up! ♡

jband

oh! & hopefully I will get a summer romance with some hipster boy who will sing Bon Iver to me. One can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment