Sunday, June 30, 2013

T H O U S A N D S T E P S

I didn't always love California. I thought I should be in Utah with my cousin or somewhere else with new people and new places. But I will tell you something. I was wrong. California is the perfect place for me. I love it with every fiber of my being.

Imagine this.

|| waiting for the tide to go in and sprinting across rocks to the other side of the beach ||

|| sprinting full speed into the waves ||

|| seeing a huge wave coming and gliding over the top of it like a mermaid ||

|| doing handstands in the sand in between waves ||

|| feeling the warm breeze rush through your hair ||

|| coming out of the water feeling cleansed and purified ||

This is what I felt in the beautiful Thousand Steps Beach in Laguna Beach, California. I just adore it. The only entry to the beach is a small secluded stairway and then you feel like you just entered a little portal to Hawaii. It is gorgeous with clear water, rocks, tidepools and soft sand. I don't know how to express how much I love the beach and any water for that matter. I feel that my soul is free in water. It is magical for me.











|| this is hagen. we are water babies together & i just love that. ||




|| my sad attempt at skim boarding. ||



|| we found a long piece of kelp and played jump rope ||



No comments:

Post a Comment